9/30/2013

From the Southeast End to the Northwest End of Yamagata - Yuza Town

Finally, my hectic weeks have just been over since I posted my last article (see also; <Scenic Drive on Route 7> http://funtravelinjapan.blogspot.jp/2013/09/scenic-drive-on-route-7-along-sea-of.html)  The season is rapidly turning to fall while I've been silent on this page. Getting cooler everyday in this Yamagata region.

I'm continuing the story about my summer drive along the Sea of Japan. The Yonezawa area - that's where I currently live and started my journey - is located at the southeast end of  Yamagata Prefecture. And the town of Yuza sits in the northwest end of the municipal limits. It took about 4 hours to reach there by driving up through Route 7. It was such a long, but fun drive.

The main tourist spot of Yuza is Mt. Chokai. But unfortunately I didn't have much time to visit there in this trip. 
  
FYI:



Old Aoyama's Mansion.
Accoring to their guide book, Aoyama was a famous fisherman
of herrings in this town. Made a lot money only by catching the fish. 

Sea of Japan

Map of 16 Arhats. Hard to explain what they are...
Pls take a look at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arhat_(Buddhism)
16 Arhats. 


16 Arhats.

16 Arhats.

16 Arhats.

One of them. 




Downtown Yuza.



Mt. Chokai is somewhere behind the clouds.









Follow tomoandsaho on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment